Who are the participants of the POPCORN project
The POPCORN project includes 7 partners from 3 different European countries, including small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and Research Technological Developers (RTD). This forms a consistent consortium coordinated by OFTALMAR (Alicante, Spain). The SME participants form a supply chain for production of the POPCORN system:
- Optoelectronica 2001 (Integrator and manufacturer) from Romania (http://www.optoel.ro)
- Biotronics 3D (Software developer) from United Kingdom (http://www.biotronics3d.com). It will act as Exploitation Manager.
- CSO (Costruzioni Strumenti Oftalmici) (marketing and distribution) from Italy (http://www.csoitalia.it)
- OFTALMAR (Ophthalmology clinic for clinical validation and advise) from Spain (http://www.oftalmar.es)
RTDs fill the skills gaps in mathematical biomodels, optical and software development missing from the industrial partners:
- ISRI (UK Intelligent Systems Research Institute) (design and development of the electro-mechanical system) from United Kingdom (http://www.uk-isri.org/)
- I3A-University of Zaragoza (Aragón Institute of Engineering Research) (corneal biomechanical modelling) from Spain (http://i3a.unizar.es/es)
The consortium has agreed an IPR model ownership in which the owners of the results are the SMEs members of the consortium. Each of the SMEs will retain rights over the different results and will agree a supply chain to put the POPCORN system in the market.